?

Log in

The Personal & Political Rants of Sarah Markham

Name:
Sarah Markham
External Services:
Schools:
Hi my name is Sarah Markham, and this is my site. I am assuming you stumbled upon this website because you wanted to get to know a little about me. So let me tell you, in a short version, my life.

My Baby PictureI was born addicted to drugs. I know it sounds strange, but it’s the truth. I was born on November 13th, 1986 in Davenport, Iowa. My biological parents were drug addicts. I spent the first year of my life having drug withdrawals. I only weighed 11 pounds at a year old, which explains exactly why the courts took me away from my parents. I was fortunate enough to have my grandparents on my father’s side agree to take me in. They have raised me ever since and when I was eight they officially adopted me.

I don’t know much about my family on my grandfather’s side . I have talked to some, who have found me through this website, but beyond that nothing. I had the best child hood a girl could ask for though, and I thank my grandparents (who I refer to as Mem & Pops throughout my website) every day for that. Pops is my biological grandfather. Mem is my grandmother, but only so by marriage. She actually is no blood relation to me. However; blood relation or not she is my family along with the many relatives I have from her side who treat me like one of their own. Beyond that I won’t go any further into who is and who is not blood related to me. Mem, Pop & I Because it doesn’t matter in the end, they took care of me, they loved me, and in my mind they will always be my parents.

I lived in Rapid City, Illinois until I was 9. Pops got a job in Lake Havasu City, Arizona in 1996 with a company called Arrowhead West. So we packed up our bags and headed out west. I have lived in the sun shine state ever since. I love it here.

High School Graduation Photo I graduated at the top of my class at Lake Havasu High School in 2005. I then went on to study at the University of Arizona in Tucson, Arizona. That didn’t last long, I guess a huge college is not for me. I transferred out of the UofA and got an associated degree in Criminal Justice Administration from Pima Community College in Tucson. After that I went for two years to Northern Arizona University Online and received my bachelor’s degree in Criminal Justice Administration.

I lived in the Tucson area for three years with my then fiancé, Robert. However, the relationship didn’t last and due to my family’s health I moved back to Lake Havasu City in July of 2008.

I came out to my friends and family as bisexual when I was fifteen. I dated men and women on and off throughout high school. I have had sexual relations with both sexes, and do still classify as a bisexual. I currently am in a relationship though with a wonderful man named Cory. But I still classify as bisexual.

Edward and I I have a cat named Edward who is my baby doll. I hope one day to have at least one child, but as for right now Edward is my only child. My hobbies include web design, photography, blogging, writing, walking, and politics.

I am a registered republican and tend to agree about 90% of the time with the republican, conservative philosophy; however, the other 10% of the time is the reason why some have called me too liberal to be a registered republican. Like I said I do classify my sexuality as bisexual and am very active in the gay rights movement here in Lake Havasu City. But in my mind that doesn't mean I can't be a Republican and be active in the Republican Party as well. I do not classify the LGBT movement as a partisan effort. But either way you look at it I am just me – I am a pro-life, fiscally conservative, and an LGBT rights supporter. That’s just who I am.

I currently belong to the following organizations/clubs:

IT/Webmaster & PC of the Mohave County Republican Central Committee
2nd Vice Chair & IT/Webmaster of the Lake Havasu City Republican Woman's Club
Member of the National Rifle Association (NRA)
Member of the Human Rights Campaign (HRC)
Member of the LHC Board of Adjustments
Member of the Mohave County Industrial Developmental Services Committee

My nicknames include Tabby, Boshaftes, Fina, my mom calls me pumpkin which might explain my utter love for all things pumpkin, and many others have many other nicknames for me and they have some sort of story behind them. However to explain to you why my nickname is or was something would take longer than either one of us have time for. I’m sure somewhere down the line once you get to know – you’ll come up with your own nickname and story for me as well.

If there is anything else you would like to know about me, send me an email. I love meeting new people. Or you can always just read my personal blog

To see my contact info please click here

Statistics